IDing is required to attend a VE session
No one may take an amateur exam for another person. It is essential that the VE Team checks a candidate's identification (ID) before allowing the candidate to sit for an exam.
The candidate must present:
One legal photo ID (identification):
- State Driver’s License
- Government issued Passport
- Military or Law Enforcement Officer Photo ID card
- Student School Photo ID card
- State Photo ID card
If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification:
- Non-photo State ID card (some states still have them)
- Birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
- Social security card
- Employer's wage statement or Minor's work permit
- School ID card
- School or Public Library card
- Utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
Students/minors without a photo ID:
- Bring only one of the above items if a legal guardian presents their photo ID; otherwise two non-photo IDs are required.